Date: 4 June 2015, 8.30am-12.00pm
Venue: The Law Society, 113 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1PL
The Caribbean Council organised in conjunction with the British Chamber of Commerce in the Dominican Republic a high level event at which a senior group of “captains of industry” from the Dominican Republic spoke about their sectors in the Dominican Republic and the economic prospects for the country.
The event provided an opportunity to meet with and hear from a senior delegation from the Dominican private sector in London. Sectors covered included tourism, manufacturing, oil and mining, energy sector.
The event had the generous support of international law firm, Bird and Bird.
• José A. Rodriguez – President of the British Chamber of Commerce of the Dominican Republic (BRITCHAM)
• Rafael Blanco, President of the National Business Council (CONEP)
• Dr. Jean Alain Rodriguez, Secretary of State and Executive Director of the Dominican Centre for Promotion of Foreign Investment and Exports (CEI-RD)
• Marcos Peña, Partner at Jiménez, Cruz and Peña, Attorneys at Law
• Simon Suarez, President of the Dominican Hotels Association (ASONAHORES)
• Campos de Moya, President of the Dominican Association of Industries (AIRD)
• José Sena, President of the Mining and Oil Chamber of the Dominican Republic (CAMIPE)
• Milton Morrison, Executive Vice-president of the Dominican Association of Electrical Industries (ADIE)
Part of the Embassy of the Dominican Republic’s “Dominican Week”, the meeting provided informative presentations from our speakers and an opportunity for open discussion and question and answer sessions following the presentations. The event ended with networking, providing an opportunity to engage with the panel and other senior figures from the Dominican Republic.
Participants also had the opportunity to have private meetings with members of the panel after the event.
This event was provided with kind support of international law firm Bird & Bird