Event: Caribbean Renewable Energy Forum (CREF) 2016
Date: 17th – 19th October 2016
Venue: InterContinental Miami, Miami, Florida
On 17th to 19th October 2016, New Energy Events organised the Caribbean Renewable Energy Forum (CREF) of which The Caribbean Council was a partner.
CREF 2016 has become the biggest annual meeting of the regional energy market and this year it took place at the InterContinental Miami.
About the forum:
CREF 2016 offered the perfect opportunity to meet key market participants from government officials, utilities and regulators to multilaterals, developers and providers of capital and technology.
A range of speakers attended the forum and tackled a variety of issues from regional investibility and the development energy storage, to opportunities for utility scale development and the emerging role of gas in the regional energy matrix.
Some of the 100 speakers confirmed across 20 sessions were:
- Rep. Chris Lee, Chairman, House Committee on Energy & Environment, State of Hawaii
- Hon. Darcy Boyce, Minister of State, Government of Barbados
- Hon. Andrew Wheatley, Minister of Science, Energy & Technology, Jamaica
- Wesley Edens, Co-Founder & Co-Chair, Fortress Investment
- Greg Callman, Global Business Development & Market Entry, Tesla
- Ariel Yepez, Chief, Energy Division, Inter-American Development Bank
- Peter Williams, Managing Director, Emera Caribbean
- Kelly Tomblin, President & CEO, JPS
- Julio Rhymer, Executive Director & CEO, Virgin Islands Water & Power Authority (VIWAPA)
- Tonci Bakovic, Chief Energy Specialist, IFC
- Doug Hewson, Managing Partner, Portland Private Equity
- Andrew MacDonald, CEO, Havana Energy
For more information about the speakers please click here
For the agenda please click here