Houses of Parliament, UK
Wednesday 27 April 2022
One of the largest and most high profile UK-Caribbean related business events in the UK.
The reception has become an established event with a reputation as one of the best in the Parliamentary Calendar. It puts the spotlight on Caribbean and Central America and provides a unique opportunity for UK, Caribbean and Central American companies to network with those who are involved in supporting economic development and bilateral investment in the region.
This year we are delighted to welcome the President of Guyana, Irfaan Ali as our guest of honour and keynote speaker. This will be a unique opportunity to hear about the fastest growing economy in the world at present and the development now taking place in the Guyanese economy and the Guyanese Government’s plans for stimulating new sectors, for developing Guyana’s infrastructure, and for attracting inward investment across the country.
As in previous years, the Reception will be an opportunity for attendees to engage with MPs and Peers, the Caribbean and Central American Diplomatic Corps, senior members from the UK civil service and members of the Caribbean and Central America community in the UK, and of course business leaders invested in and working with the region. On top of hearing from our speakers, attendees with also enjoy a rum punch, a live steel band as well as have the opportunity to enter in the prize draw.
· A chance to network and entertain in the prestigious surroundings of the House of Lords
· Enjoy a Caribbean party atmosphere with music and rum punch on the Terrace overlooking the River Thames
· An opportunity to hear from a high profile government speaker
· End the evening with a raffle where guests have the chance of winning a range of prizes. In the past, our prizes have included a holiday for two to the Caribbean
The Caribbean Council has hosted a reception at the Houses of Parliament annually since 2002.
Interested in becoming an event sponsor?
An opportunity to:
· Associate your band with the prestigious Houses of Parliament
· Demonstrate your brand support and pride in the Caribbean and its international contribution
· Build awareness of your company’s values and objectives
· Strengthen relationships with key clients, investors and stakeholders
Interested in being a guest at the reception?
Contact: Maria Tereza Laino – firstname.lastname@example.org