Event: Advances in the Energy Sector in the Dominican Republic
Date: Tuesday, 7 June 2016
Time: 16.00 – 18.00 (followed by a networking reception)
The Caribbean Council held a business seminar on recent advances in the energy sector in the Dominican Republic during the visit of a high-level Dominican delegation to London.
The event, organised by the Caribbean Council in collaboration with the British Chamber of Commerce of the Dominican Republic and the Dominican Embassy in the UK, gave participants the opportunity to hear about:
- the newly announced investment opportunities in oil and gas,
- progress of the National Pact for the reform of the energy sector,
- the opportunities for investment in renewable energy,
- the legal and policy environment for potential investors, and
- investment instruments to support new business ventures.
The event was chaired by the Rt Hon. Lord Bruce, President of the Caribbean Council, and we were pleased to welcome expert speakers including:
- the Vice Minister of Hydrocarbons, Alberto Reyes, from Dominican Republic Ministry of Energy and Mines;
- the President of the National Council for Private Enterprise (CONEP), Rafael Blanco;
- the Executive Vice-President and CEO of Dominican Republic Stock Exchange, Hamlet Hermann;
- the President of the British Chamber of the Dominican Republic, Jose Rodriguez, who is also the Development Director at EGE Haina – a leading energy company in Dominican Republic.
We would like to express our gratitude to Edrington who sponsored the event and provided delicious Brugal rum cocktails from the Dominican Republic at our reception during which individuals from the UK business sector and UK parliamentarians and diplomats had the opportunity to network with the Dominican delegation.
If you would like to know more about our events, please do not hesitate to contact Isadora Forcén at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like more information about working in the Dominican Republic and about the Dominican Republic energy sector, please contact Catherine.email@example.com