What We Do
What We Do
The Caribbean Council offers:
A range of consultancy services on an on-going or ad-hoc basis, including:
- targeted research, intelligence, analysis and strategic advice on Caribbean and Central American economic, commercial and political issues
- advice to investors and companies wishing to trade with the Caribbean Basin
- advice on managing relations with institutions and commercial entities in the Caribbean Basin and Europe
- support with introductions and in creating strategic partnerships
- advocacy in relation to international trade negotiations and regulatory affairs
- well informed specialist advice on developing investment and trade relationships with Cuba
The organisation throughout the Caribbean Basin and Europe of large and small international conferences, seminars, workshops, investment and trade delegation programmes. The Caribbean Council has a successful record of organising trade missions to the Caribbean and Central America and it also regularly organises high level meetings and private dinners with visiting government officials or leading private sector figures from bothregions.
The Caribbean Council coordinates the activity of three membership organisations, each targeted at a specific geographical region: the Caribbean-Britain Business Council, the Cuba Initiative and the Central American Business Council. Membership is intended for businesses either with interest in any of these regions. Members receive a range of benefits depending of their level of membership, including invitations to exclusive events and private high level meetings with visiting Ministers or leading private sector figures from the regions as well as our weekly electronic publications. Membership may also include in depth advice and support on investing in or trading with the regions or on managing relations with government bodies and commercial entities. Members all receive an invitation to our annual networking reception at the House of Lords.
The Caribbean Council produces three weekly publications that provide economic, political and business news:
- Caribbean Insight
- Central America Briefing
- Cuba Briefing
These are a benefit of their corresponding membership organisation and they are also available to international subscribers.